About Us - Westman Regional Soccer Association
- The Westman Regional Soccer Association (WRSA) was created in 2018.
- WRSA is the first Regional Soccer Association accepted by the Manitoba Soccer Association.
- WRSA is the overarching regional governing body for Westman, it currently has 4 community associations within its membership: Brandon Youth Soccer Association (BYSA), Minnedosa Youth Soccer Association (MYSA), and Rivers Youth Soccer Association (RYSA).
- WRSA is responsible for the technical plan for the region as well as governance of the region, and works in partnership with it’s member communities to deliver programming that follows MSA and CSA's Long Term Player Development Model and the Player Pathway.
- It has created and operates both Community and Developmental streams of programming.
- At the Community Level, WRSA, with the help of its community members, runs a mini-soccer program for youth ages 4 to 8 and a league structure for boys and girls aged 9 to 18.
- At the Developmental Level, WRSA offers U11/12 Developmental programming and Premiere teams (Westman FC) for ages 13 to 18.
- The ultimate goal of WRSA is to make soccer available to all boys and girls with an opportunity to play the beautiful game in an environment commensurate with their skills and interests.
About Soccer in Westman
- The Westman Region has many alternatives for soccer players.
- There are teams, leagues, clinics and academies for boys and girls aged from 3 to 18 of all different skill levels and aspirations.
- As well, the a Ladies and Mens Senior Leagues in the region.
- In fact, soccer is the most popular youth sport in our region with more than 700 players aged 9-18 playing in leagues and more than twice that number enrolled in mini-soccer (ages 3-8).
- The Brandon Mens Soccer League and the Westman Women's Soccer League ensure soccer is a lifetime sport.
- Soccer is played year round in Westman.
- Outdoor soccer runs from May to October.
- Indoor soccer (Futsal) runs from October to March.
- As the leading voice for soccer in the region, WRSA believes everyoneshould have the chance to learn and enjoy the beautiful game.
The programs we offer are listed below:
Ages 3-8 years old
There are various options for mini-soccer wherever you live in the region.
Mini-soccer is generally played with small-sided teams on small fields.
It's primarily focused on ensuring players have fun, get the maximum number of touches on the ball and develop good basic soccer skills, athleticism and sportsmanship.
Contact your local WRSA Member Community for more information and registration
This was previously known as House League Soccer
Community Stream Soccer
Ages 9-18 years old
Registration for Community Stream soccer takes place in early March (outdoor) and early September (indoor) every year.
If you have missed the registration date, you may still be able to have your child placed on a team depending on the availability of spaces. Late fees may apply.
This was previously known as the Brandon League, BYSA League or the Brandon House League.
Contact us at email@example.com to inquire
Developmental & Premier
Ages 9-18 years old
WRSA operates a club which runs programs and academies for players seeking a more competitive level of instruction and play.
- Tryouts for Developmental and Premier teams (for ages 9-18) are usually held in early February.
- ?March 2022 try-outs will be held at the HLC
Indoor and outdoor developmental programs are for boys and girls aged 9-12.
Indoor and outdoor Premier programs are for boys and girls aged 13-18.
More information can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees for playing various levels of soccer can vary depending on age, competition level and and community.
Please contact your nearby community or soccer club for more information.
Who runs the WRSA League?
The WRSA League is the Community Stream Soccer League for has players aged 9-18.
WRSA oversee scheduling, referees, discipline and other league matters.